1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is pretty big b/c Elon Musk is cash poor, sold off a lot of Tesla stock to do the Twitter acquisition and borrows against his Tesla stock (which is rapidly losing value again) to fund his life. This has potential to really hang him out to dry and create a spiral that hits him hard. It could impact Tesla's stock price, which in turn makes him even poorer, because almost his entire worth is tied to the value of the stock.

I can't find a link yet, but a Delaware judge just voided Musk's $56 billion compensation package (which gave him options to acquire significant amounts of tesla stock). This is the closest thing I can find to a synopsis.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I thought ElOn was a genius?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Hilarious

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Vegas has 3-1 odds that the implantee chooses defiant jazz.

6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I hate to admit this, but my daughter is in 5th grade and school policy is she has to be LGBTQ. The PTO is telling the parents to vote for Democrats. I can’t take it.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If there’s a real civil war 2 electric boogaloo, Musk is going to be lined up against a wall and shot. Your fake influence ain’t gonna save you, Elmo. Bezos, too.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

but the swim team is poised to reel off so many titles

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Take a bow.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why doesn’t he just fund a football team at the Sam Houston Institute of Texhnology?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

With that many billions in the bank he could have been anything he wished. And he became the 8th grade delinquent trying to run off the teacher.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted