1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is what NC referenced earlier

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Opinion | The Democratic Party Is Having an ‘Identity Crisis’

At some point, though, both Biden and Trump will pass from the scene. And then some of the tensions in the Democratic Party that have been suppressed by their collision will re-emerge. One will be whether a party that represents those who like America as it is can also represent those who’ve been left out of this era of American prosperity. “As long as I am in public service, I will resist the Democratic Party becoming the party of normalcy,” Khanna told me. “We need to be the party of transformational change. A lot of Americans are frustrated with the system, and that anger is justified.”

The other tension will be what it means for the party that believes itself to represent the working class to be losing working-class voters. “It’s hard to say you’re the party of lower-income working families when they are rapidly leaving the ranks of your movement,” Murphy said.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps because Musk is a white South African.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Re @Alma: Louisiana politics was defined by the struggle between pro- and anti-Long factions for at least four decades after ole Huey ate a bullet down in Baton Rouge. Likewise I’d expect Trumpism and the counter to it will define the next couple of cycles after 2024. Neither party is yet prepared to imagine what comes next.

Alma, OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dim Philby

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'll pick door No. 2.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Lower income voters went Democratic in 2020, 2022 and I'll bet they will in 2024. What Murphy means is WHITE working class voters. That's what our entire national political dialogue means by "working class voters." I'm sure it's a drag to see racism and other various prejudices cut into his vote totals, but that's what's happening.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Fat drug addict Elvis or dead on the bathroom floor Elvis?

matt_garth likes this.
  12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'd prefer the second one. And yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted