1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What a g*ddamn menace

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Nothing a few 16-penny nails to the forehead couldn't cure.

Starman likes this.
  3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of course

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They're enemies of democracy and freedom. They're traitors. And they should be treated as such. Not that they will be. A working majority of Americans will happily live in a dictatorship if they get crumbs while people who aren't white get nothing or better yet, death.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

So you're saying the turtle went into his shell?

OscarMadison and Twirling Time like this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

more threats of civil war by people who look like this.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If you towed that guy's car he'd react like he was Alfred Dreyfus.

OscarMadison, dixiehack and Octave like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GOP coming apart at the seams and I am here for it!

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

MAGA Mike looks like the guy in the beginning of every Mission Impossible movie who tells Ethan Hunt he's dangerous.

[​IMG]

matt_garth likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that. I'll put it in Walmart terms.

You know how everyone belittles the elderly, and sometimes really elderly, door greeters all the time, often staying just this side of insulting to and about them?

What reason does anyone have to do that, other than that the Walmart associates are old, working into their 80s, etc.?

And they're door greeters. Biden is just as old, and is the President of the United States.

People just don't love it, and they worry about it, particularly at times when Biden actually shows his age. Which he can't help, of course. He still has done a good job, but he, like any other elderly worker, is reaching a point of diminishing returns.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'll vote for Biden until the cows come home if it will help keep Trump from re-gaining the Presidency. But I don't particularly like that he's my only option. I just think he's too old to be running for re-election. I hope he wins, but I think he's too old and wish there was some other good, legitimate candidate. (And just to be clear, I think Trump is too old, too).

This is an issue that needs to be addressed, rules-wise. There needs to be an upper-end age range (just as there is a minimum age) that someone would be upon election for them to qualify for office.

Draft saved Draft deleted