1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good to see the board's come around on the time and money-wasting bullshit Colorado's Supreme Court engaged in here.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Now do the Senate.

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

What is amusing about this is that the bill going forward is pretty close to what it was (some obvious changes regarding Israel funding perhaps) before the Republicans demanded substantial border funding be attached. They pissed that away.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh pound sand.

No what is bullshit is people like you allow pieces of shit like Trump who represent a clear and present danger to the survival of our democracy and country to run for the highest office of the land as if he has done nothing wrong.

We are merely predicting what will likely happen because there are are logical arguments for SCOTUS to take.

So I will ask you, why don't you and your friends grow a pair and actually stand up to fascists or do you secretly admire Hitler? Just asking questions.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He can't stand up to fascism. He's already taking on the boogeymen of The Left, The Cools and Greta Thunberg. There are only so many hours in the day. Priorities.

8. Neutral Corner

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

One thing my wife taught me (but not the only thing) is lawyers are allowed to make seemingly contradictory legal arguments between or within cases and they can't be used as proof to upend the opposite argument. So as funny as it is, it's a legit legal strategy.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I have not and will not be voting for Trump, who I find disgusting personally and politically. I would discourage anyone from voting for him and do so here.

But I found the Colorado Supreme Court nonsense only furthered his chances of winning, for it paints, even slightly, the picture that, somehow the man can't be beaten straight up, but has to be barred from a ballot over a legal definition anyone agreed had little chance of success with SCOTUS. It was a virtue signal, plain and simple, and it's not needed.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The “LOOK HOW YOU MADE ME VOTE FOR tRUMP” crowd was always going to vote for trump. Spare us.

It’s a case worth pursuing. Would be nice if it wasn’t needed to check out. But we’ve never had an insurrectionist as president before. Every road is worth a look.

Draft saved Draft deleted