1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Alito was getting quite pissy about his questions not being answered directly. Is that commonplace? The lawyer wasn't acting a jackass like Habba.

There is not one route to any one answer. No quick route where these things are concerned, either.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It won’t be a waste of time if SCOTUS tells Congress to do its job under section 5 of the 14th Amendment and enact legislation defining participation in an insurrection.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It's not unusual.

Oral arguments are a bizarre experience. I've done it at other appellate courts, but not SCOTUS and hopefully never will. Some judges will pose a ridiculous set of hypothetical facts, ask a question, and then get really pissy if you don't give a short affirmative or negative answer. It's particularly pronounced at SCOTUS from the couole dozen times I've listened to oral arguments.

Hermes, 2muchcoffeeman and Octave like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I did Nazi that coming, well actually I did.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Colorado Supreme Court ruling was 4 - 3 in overturning a district judge's earlier ruling, so it wasn't nonsense necessarily.

Varying election mechanics are the responsibility of the various Secretaries of State, so it's not crazy to seek clarity, especially since the 14th amendment isn't as specific as it might be in these instances.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Tweets speak for themselves.

Too stupid to understand package size or look at price per ounce on the shelf?! Elizabeth Warren is crusading for you.

She is and has always been way over her head.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, if Warren (or anybody else) thinks a lot of Americans are stupid they aren't wrong.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To which this Congress would reply to by investigating Hunter Biden's laptop or Dr. Faucci.

dixiehack and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted