1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taylor Swift - Super Bowl Ring?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jan 28, 2024.

?

If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl should Taylor Swift get a ring?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Kicker link at end of story:
    Next: Will Travis Kelce Be at the Grammys to Support Taylor Swift?

I mean, come on. Quit making this shit into our daily national news.
    It's Tim Tebow Syndrome all over again, solely because of rabid media vultures.

It wasn't Tebow's fault that people came to despise him. It was the constant, feverish media.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If you go on yahoo news — don’t @ me — about two out of three stories are about Kelce and Swift. The other third is Elizabeth Hurley’s tits.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Tell me more.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Ehh. He sure knew how to play to the cameras. That shirtless run thru the rain in upstate NY was as faux a "what, that got some attention?" moment as Taylor expressing surprise she won all those awards last night. And he knew trying to play professional baseball at 30 would generate a shitstorm of media.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I consider this article in the New York Times evidence that Taylor Swift might be nearing peak attention saturation.

Tortured Poets’ or Poets? Taylor Swift Meets the Apostrophe Police.

(I apologize in advance for providing a summary of the article so folks don’t need to click on the link.)

The article is the debate on how Swift’s coming album should be punctuated; “The Tortured Poets Department,” the released name, or “The Tortured Poet’s Department” or “The Tortured Poets’ Department.” The general leaning is that, although the meaning of the title might change slightly, all could be considered correct and Taylor Swift can name it whatever she wants.

Now that she has the grammarians talking, I’m not sure there’s anyone left who hasn’t given her some attention. I think that the under for 72 hours after the Super Bowl might be a safe bet for her peak saturation. She’ll still be super duper famous, but perhaps not super duper duper duper famous.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    Liut and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Other than maybe Messi, name me a currently active North American athlete who’s as well know worldwide as Taylor Swift.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

LeBron.

wicked likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd bet it's still Jordan, although his time is waning. All-time, it Ali.

Draft saved Draft deleted