1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Let me put on my tan suit and have some dijon mustard on my hot dog and let's see how I get treated.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Weights and counterweights. Among other things, Slobbo was intended to be a counterweight.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why doesn't Biden just commit suicide on national teevee so he can be remembered as a beloved martyred grandfather figure? Then Kamala can kill herself too to express sympathy for dear Joe and as a gesture to foster bipartisan unity.

The current MAGA fascist Speaker becomes president, he then appoints Big Daddy Fatfuck as VP, he is coronated by voice vote, then the temporary POTUS resigns and the glorious God Emperor has returned and the old men in the diner are happy. To say nothing of Uncle Vlad.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Or you can put on an orange spray tan, think McDonald’s, Burger King and KFC is fine dining, and see if there are people who relentlessly make fun of it.

Welcome to the passions that politics bring out in people.

6. Spartan Squad

Or see if it will get me elected.

My point is, people lost their mind with Obama wore a suit. Or had mustard. Or existed. And it wasn't his politics.

At least Biden is a) old which is cause for concern and b) has a stutter which is messed up to mock, but at least there's no questioning why they are laughing. Obama wore a suit and it made a whole segment. Why do they care what suit he wears?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Most people have no clue that Obama ever wore a tan suit. And out of the ones who'd know what you are talking about. ... you had a segment of morons who thought it said something about his performance as president, and you had way more people who couldn't have cared less. There were some idiotic people who lost their mind. ... But no, "people" didn't lose their mind.

Liut, Neutral Corner and FileNotFound like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

I didn't say racism was intelligent. But Fox News found anything and everything to ding him on.

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

She has a HUGE problem among young voters because of her record as a prosecutor in California. Source: The three young voters I raised, two of whom have said they’d sit out the election rather than vote for her.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Same reason POC aren't thrilled with her and, quite frankly, don't trust her. "Kamala is a cop.”

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    FileNotFound likes this.
  11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Exactly this. Do NOT underestimate the progressive wing’s lack of understanding of the need to beat Trump at all costs.

Republicans just need to win. Democrats need to win the right way. That’s part of why Democrats are bad at politics.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted