1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It’s not just Bernie Bros. or nutty, annoying progressives (raises hand) that are grumbling about Biden running again.

Quite a few African American voters, including some in South Carolina who saved his campaign in 2020, aren’t thrilled with what the Biden/Harris administration has accomplished.

2. I Should Coco

That being said, as long as the possibility of a dictator being elected exists, people in swing states will rightly hold their nose and vote for Uncle Joe. I even did that in 2020 — the first time I ever voted for a major party candidate for president.

And thanks to the Electoral College, I truly threw my vote away. Idaho was among the vast majority of states where votes for president were meaningless.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Biden got 97 percent of the vote in the South Carolina primary.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

And the other candidates were people 95% of Democrats could either not name or did not want (Kennedy Jr.)

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It would help if this administration did a better job promoting what the hell they’ve actually done against a stacked deck. The biggest issue the democrats have isn’t Biden’s age or the fact that I couldn’t tell you one thing Harris has done as VP beyond go argue with idiots on The Breakfast Club, it’s the fact that their messaging is abysmal.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

512,000 and change people voted in the SC Democratic primary in 2020. This one? 131,000 and change. Yeah. Enthusiasm is great!!!

If you truly care about the future of democracy and want Trump to lose - asking Biden to do it is reckless and stupid. And I'm sure more than a few Dems in DC are tired of covering for him and his team's missteps.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's 9 months to the general, so there is lots of time to improve that. A few Stinky felony convictions along the way will help too.

8. I Should Coco

The Infrastructure Act — even in the watered down version that passed — will make positive changes for years to come.

Of course, in the years since it was approved over the near unanimous opposition of GOP lawmakers, those same Republican senators and representatives will now show up to cut ribbons and hoist golden shovels when the improvement projects begin.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Counting on people to suddenly come to their senses on Trump and knowing your candidate is only getting older are not solid campaign strategies. Biden has done great things. If he runs and loses it will be another case of a Dem's vanity (Kennedy, Ginsberg) causing very real harm to millions of Americans when it could have been prevented if they just stepped down.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And the stupid continues unabated ...

matt_garth likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Egos. No chance.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To be fair, 2020 there was no incumbent, so it’s a bad comparison.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted