1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And here's why that's bad news for B--

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep. Sit on their hands, whine that Biden hasn’t done enough and end up with a monster like Trump as president again. Great solution.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That, plus run video clips of Jan. 6 with a voiceover of “Do you really want another four more years of this bullshit?”

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump and his klan would have ripped her because she has only one leg. Doesn't matter that she lost a limb in service to the country. Vast swaths of this country love him even though -- because? -- he denigrated soldiers who died in World War II and expressed contempt for participants in ceremonies who had lost limbs. "Nobody wants to see that," he said.
    Perhaps he would have couched his contempt in practical terms by saying that physical limitations impede your ability to do the job. No basis for such claims, but to the idiots who idolize him, they sound feasible.
    I have no doubt he and his klan would have expressed their contempt.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They can drum up hate for anyone. As we've seen.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Go to a bar tonight.

Happy hour, huh?

I'm not in a great mood, full disclosure.

Sit down, the guy one stool over has buds in and his laptop fired up. No one between us.

Fine, work the prime rib you got going.

Look over again, and he's got Carlson and Putin on.

"Who watches that in public" someone says, maybe me?

Had to have watched the whole interview based on how long I was there.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Oh FFS

"Just 14% of registered voters say Biden has done a better job as president than they expected he would, according to the latest NBC News national poll. Another 42% say Biden has done a worse job than they expected, and 44% say his tenure has gone about as they expected it would.

But 40% say Trump’s presidency was better than expected."

More voters are rating Trump's presidency as 'better than expected' in hindsight

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Republicans ran a smear campaign against Max Cleland, who was a disabled vet who won a Silver Star. Just to give you a bit of perspective on what the GOP thinks about the military.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I think the point is, they don't know his record. And they won't, if good messaging doesn't get out.

People will know what Fox News tells them, or just spout off opinions not based on facts or any record.

TigerVols and Driftwood like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's undeniable. But it's also what campaigns are for. The decisive bloc of voters in this election, like almost every election, are those that fundamentally hate thinking about politics and try to put off having to do so as long as possible. I think for many of them, this applies to all news, political or not. They're happier being uninformed. There's going to be a winterstorm in eastern Mass. Monday night and Tuesday. This fact has been repeated daily in every available news outlet for almost a week. Guarantee it will catch a significant number of people here by complete surprise.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess if we ignore that $7 trillion in extra debt and markedly higher consumer prices.

But why not? We ignored the $27 trillion that came before it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted