1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good column and even better point.

Opinion | Mr. President, Ditch the Stealth About Health

"It was a mistake for Merrick Garland to make a Trump appointee the special counsel for Biden. Like James Comey, Garland is a man so in love with his own virtue that he bends over backward to show it off. I am so fair that I am going to be unfair. Democrats often fall into this way of thinking, to their own detriment. That’s how Biden blew the Anita Hill-Clarence Thomas hearings, trying to be so fair to the win-at-all-costs Republicans on the committee that he threw the game to Judge Thomas, who is now staining the Supreme Court.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not clicking because this is a test. That's Maureen Dowd, right?
    PS: As a case in my previously posted point, a paper due to be published in the American Journal of Political Science describes a little experiment. 2529 people in Pennsylvania were offered absolutely free of charge subscriptions to either the Post-Gazette or the Inquirer, depending on where they lived. A grand total of 44 people accepted the offer. That's close to actual hostility towards news.

Azrael likes this.
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

It doesn't help the House or Senate races, obviously, but for president Biden's message needs to get through to independents in about six or so choice states to win. That's essentially the ballgame. And those independents who are already watching Fox News, well, they aren't really independents and their minds are made up.

So, so many people's minds are already made up. It's how a dictator got 70 million votes. And he'll probably get them again, maybe all of them or more of them. Forget them. That's over.

Campaign and grassroots your ass off in PA, WI, AZ, GA, NV, VA and anything else coming up solidly purple and hope for the best. Some of us won't "see" the messaging if we're not in those states. Hope that the economy holds or gets better and that the GOP keeps stepping on its own old white dick (keep up the Border bill nonsense, please). Remember that none of this is normal.

It's going to be a very long nine months, and an even longer election night and days after til this is decided. It's February. Have a beer.

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't like Harris because she reminds me of a boss I hated. I'm sure she has her fans but I am not one of them.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think Biden’s problem is that his voice is weak. Not in a rhetorical sense. In a physical/audio sense.
    That limits his effectiveness in persuading people that he has done well.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s crazy that Biden went to ‘Gyna and made them close their factories and create a product and part scarcity.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Is that why my once $3.50 box of Honey Smacks cereal is now $7.99?

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

From the GAO in 2023:

Last year, U.S. consumers saw the largest annual increase in food prices since the 1980s. While food prices generally increased about 2% in prior years, they increased about 11% from 2021 to 2022. Inflation contributed to the increase. But there were other factors—like global disruptions to the food supply chain—that may have had a greater impact. And not everyone felt this increase the same way.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

My next opinion piece:

MoDo, Ditch the Stealth About Your Professional Health

Like that other professional redhead, CarrotTop, Dowd is a woman so in love with her own humor that she bends over backward to show it off. I am so funny that I am going to be unfunny.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

damned liberal media

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 12.47.01 PM.png

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Welcome to the next 10 days of NYT coverage.

Draft saved Draft deleted