1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Should have named a legit presidential candidate as running mate and announced on inauguration day he would serve one term. And that legit presidential candidate doesn't get a bye into 2024, either. If someone else is worthy, let the voters decide (yeah, what a concept).

maumann and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Biden has become the candidate the Democrats love to hate, obviously, with everyone talking about Michelle Obama, Harris, Sanders and Newsom. But, although it's been said, many times, many ways, mostly by me, Biden's the Democrats' best shot at holding off Trump. Complain all you want about memory loss, but I'll gladly take that over some of the deranged shit like this.

upload_2024-2-11_9-57-53.png

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And be a lame duck from Day One?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He was only there to beat Trump. He did. Now you've got 4 years to find someone Democrats can get EXCITED about after holding their noses since 2016.

He'll be --- with a lot of good fortune --- a lame duck on Jan. 20, 2025. So you were going to get at best a lame duck in either 2021 or 2025 anyway.

maumann likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Term limits for senators (2) and representatives (6).

FileNotFound, garrow and BTExpress like this.
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'd much rather have an age limit than term limits because there is significant value in the institutional knowledge that can develop over longer periods of time than 12 years. I know that's hard to see at present given Congress' general inability/refusal to do much of anything consequential this past decade or so.

But I'd also fundamentally change the House to a parliamentary-style election with seats apportioned based on percentages won rather than a winner-take-all district-based system.

X-Hack and WriteThinking like this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I could live with that. You're maxed out if you turn 65 at any point in your term.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The expectation was that Trump would lose and waddle his fat ass back to Florida to sulk and never be heard from again. Instead, he’s been stirring up the shit in his own party for the last three years for his next big comeback tour like a bad 80s hair metal band. And his new album is worse than his 2016 album yet here we are talking about how old Biden is while ignoring the actual problems. Biden’s biggest problem is he’s fuckin boring and people now equate that with not doing anything after the last dickhead spent four years tweeting about all of the nothing he was doing.

Kato and garrow like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The winner in November will be a lame duck either way. Hopefully with a non-MAGA Congress to deal with.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL @ Fascists

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Nothing is preventing someone from running against Biden. And his job was to win the 2020 election, which last time I checked, he did.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I could live with 70

you’d lose half the current group even at that line

Draft saved Draft deleted