1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

it’s even worse:

The Second Morrill Act of 1890 states that in order to establish a second land-grant college for the purpose of creating racially separate colleges, a state must distribute federal land-grant funds equitably between the institutions. Mississippi has not done so. The same holds true for 15 other states that were found guilty of similar robberies. Of the states with racially created land-grant colleges, only Ohio and Delaware have clean hands. U.S. states have robbed America’s historically Black land-grant colleges as a group of $12.6 billion over the last 30 years.

2muchcoffeeman and franticscribe like this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I had NO IDEA that Fort Valley State was an HBCU. I've heard of them before only as a pretty competitive D-II school.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Andre Waters once was a DC there.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It will be her only hole-in-one ...

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. Where Tyrone Poole, a decent cornerback, came from on the early Carolina Panthers teams years ago.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He did.

He showed a picture of himself from 20 years ago, then showed a closeup of his current face, basically proclaimed "I'm old as hell!" and then honestly pointed out the Democratic candidate is an absurd 20 years older than him.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They are called "True the Vote."

I don't think these idiots are that GOOD at trying to create Oceana (they couldn't plan a birthday party in a telephone booth), but I don't know how many times I have thought about George Orwell's "doublethink" over the last 7,8 years.

To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.”

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength, 2 + 2 = 5.

OscarMadison, SFIND and TigerVols like this.
  10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

According to the letter sent to Gov. Cooper, North Carolina has underfunded NC A&T State by $2 billion over the same time frame. Texas has underfunded Prairie View A&M by $1.1 billion, Tennessee to Tennessee State by $2.1 billion, Louisiana to Southern by $1.1 billion, and Florida to Florida A&M by $1.9 billion. Those are just the ones where the gap was in the billions.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

And in Tennessee's case, the state leg is trying to oust TSU's board and seize control because of its money issues.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And it is your party's fault, dingus

Draft saved Draft deleted