1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ooo-ee poo-ee!!

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Don't know exactly how the picking of games works, but most likely midweek games are streamed and weekend games would go on NBC or Fox as part of the first year of the new TV contract. Iowa-Nebraska was on Fox last Sunday.

Iowa's next game is next Thursday at Indiana on Peacock. Sunday the 25th is on FS1.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Unbelievable finish to UCLA-Oregon State women's basketball game, three baskets in final 2.8 seconds, OSU wins on a 3-ball at the buzzer, 8500 fans go crazy. Winning basket by Talia von Oelhoffen, daughter of Kimo.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You could tell me this person ruled Germany in the 17th century and I would believe you.

matt_garth, Big Circus, Chef2 and 4 others like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That Utah-Colorado finish was nuts, too.

Although I don’t really watch women’s hoops, the more compelling storylines are definitely on the women’s side this season.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

And USC star JuJu Watkins outscored Oregon in the first half, 24-21.

7. dixiehack

Speaking of astounding performances in women’s rings:

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She had 32 points, also.

Francis Marion's opponent "only" missed 43 shots. Taylor had 14 offensive rebounds. Must have done it the Moses Malone way. Keep rebounding your own misses (she was 11-27 from the field).

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Four baskets and four lead changes in the final 6.6 seconds. The final 30 seconds of the highlights are insane.

UCLA at Oregon State | Pac-12

10. dixiehack

If I’d known I’d be subjected to another two hours of Jimmy Dykes, I’d have cracked open the wallet and driven to Tuscaloosa.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. dixiehack

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Isn't it a little early for that? I mean Marquette-UConn tips off in about an hour and a half. Why was this revealed at all if it's provisional, which it damn well better be.

Draft saved Draft deleted