1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Is it criminal to not pay taxes on what your buildings are worth, as in at the correct property tax rate?

Because shenanigans.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They set up a GoFundMe for Trump.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

As of right now, 801 have donated $31,547, a median of $39.38 per sucker.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Where's the GoFundMe for NATO?

garrow likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As much as the fine is staggering $360m plus - it is STILL pennies on the dollar of the amount he inflated his assets for which the Trump Org was found guilty of. Let that sink in. He got a discount!!!

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Being that the 50th anniversary of Blazing Saddles was a couple weeks ago, I happened upon a note last week that Cleavon Little breaking during that scene was not planned and he'd worried that he'd ruined the take and they realized it totally worked and just rolled with it.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

How about a GoFuckYou?

Octave and Scout like this.
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Morans!

FileNotFound, maumann and Woody Long like this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think the whole thing is funny because it is Donald Trump.

But it was an abomination of a civil case. If Donald Trump defrauded anyone. ... THEY could have sued him civilly and proved the fraud and the harm to themselves. In this case, the supposed victims never claimed any victimhood! In fact, an executive from Deutsche Bank, the supposed victim. ... testified FOR Trump at the trial.

None of what happened is actually just. I preface that by saying that it's funny because it is Trump and he is an asswipe and his defiance and how he attacks everyone and is a bullshit artist made things worse for himself. But no, he didn't get a "discount." He should have never been in a court room in the first place. The state of New York should never be involved in what was a private matter between people who did business with each other. A prosecutor shouldn't be weaponized to go after people that way (and they don't go after everyone, they can pick and choose and obviously Donald Trump was a juicy target for a hyena like Leticia James). And a court can't decide someone "inflated his assets," as you put it. An asset is worth whatever someone else thinks it is worth. If you want to sell your home to me and I am willing to pay way more than anyone else would. ... would you be cool with a judge deciding, "Nah, *I* am going to dictate that it's worth less and you have to sell it for that amount instead"? Everything doesn't have some objective value that is "fair." If I offer someone collateral and THEY accept a value for it and they still accept it today? ... there is no victim in the transaction. And if I lied about the asset in order to get them to value it higher, and I commited a fraud that way. ... we have a perfectly fine system that allows THEM to pursue it civilly. That never happened. What actually happened was unjust bullshit. ... it's just funny because it's Donald Trump and he's a douche. ... but it actually also undermines the rule of law in the grand scheme of things. It was the law being manipulated to just go after someone that some people don't like.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It sounds like you’re saying that Trump and Deutsche Bank are co-conspirators.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Who do you think there is conspiracy against? They transacted privately between themselves.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted