1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think they do this every week or so now until Selection Sunday, don't they?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No, it’s just the one mid-season “if the tournament started today” teaser. They’ve been doing it probably close to a decade now.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As much as I despise Kelvin Sampson, I think Houston is the best team.
    Don’t know if they will win the tournament or not.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A turned on the tv a while ago, and Buzz Williams is on the court in live play. They stopped the game. I believe they gave him a warning.

5. dixiehack

You think that’s something? You should have seen him last Saturday.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah they mentioned last week on the broadcast.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Indiana is going to wear some hideous black adidas alternates tomorrow and fans are ready to riot here.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Virginia missed its first 10 free throws today and made its 11th --- and final --- one.

9. dixiehack

UConn had a stretch last season between New Year’s Eve and Jan. 25 when they went 2-6. Excluding that glitch in the matrix they’ve gone 52-4 since November 2022. And they’re toying with Marquette right now.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Most of 'em wouldn't say a word if the team was in the top 10.

But I am not a fan when schools bring out alternates that aren't actually rooted in the school's existing color/brand scheme. I love alternates, just not when they're so far afield.

Hermes likes this.
  11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

UConn is better than they were last year. A repeat title wouldn't surprise me. I'll be sorely disappointed if we don't get a UConn-Purdue matchup somewhere in the tournament.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I don't want to agree but when they are at full strength I don't know what their weakness is.

However I do fear the tournament is just Big 12: Survivor. They beat each other up so their records won't be exciting but they're battle-tested and someone's going to get to the final four not facing anyone better than they have in the league and ultimately snipe a title.

Draft saved Draft deleted