1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You know what? When George Zimmerman got off for killing Trayvon Martin by using an unjust "stand your ground" law, I was posting on here about how I thought what happened was unjust.

I missed your "Fuck's sake" there.

Yes, Because I SAY. I'm not a moron who sees something that is wrong, and can articulate WHY it is wrong, and says, "Well, Judge Engoron said he commited $355 milllion worth of fraud, so that's all I need to know."

What I have done is try to explain as well as I could WHY use of the civil courts that way by a state government is just wrong and how anything but justice is served by using the legal system that way. But yeah, 10,00o words.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trayvon Martin and Rosa Parks. Do you have any muscles left to pull with these stretches?

Woody Long likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Boy comparing Trump to Trayvon Martin is a new low.

And before you bombard me with 10,000 words about how you never imply anything and your words are all face value, remember words have meaning and implications. You are literally saying someone got screwed by an unjust law. Zimmerman got off by an unjust law thus screwing Martin and his family from seeking justice. Trump is the one getting screwed. Ergo, Trump is Martin in your scenario. And that is beyond fucked up.

4. Spartan Squad

And to think this is a moderator

Gutter, dixiehack and Woody Long like this.
  5. The Big Ragu

George Zimmerman was NOT guilty. Fuck's sake. End of discussion.

That's your standard just now for telling me to STFU on THIS thread.

That's not me stretching. But yeah, it is easy to not pull any muscles when your principles can be stretched any which way based on WHO is subject to them.

6. Spartan Squad

Good god shut the fuck up and quit embarrassing yourself and the entire staff of this board who are lumped into a moderator comparing Trump to Trayvon Martin.

Mr. Sluggo, dixiehack and Fred siegle like this.
  7. The Big Ragu

What the fuck are you talking about?

I posted all over that thread that George Zimmerman should have gone to prison. That stand your ground law was an abomination. What happened was unjust.

I was responding to him posting, "Well as long as YOU SAY it's unjust nonsense. Fuck's sake, man."

I said, "Yes, just like on that George Zimmerman thread. Did you have a problem with it because I SAID then?"

I didn't say that convoluted nonsense you posted.

8. Spartan Squad

Huh. There’s no ignore button for a moderator. That’s unfortunate.

dixiehack and Woody Long like this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I've been wanting one of those for 10 years.

Woody Long and Spartan Squad like this.
  10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

He's like the Billy Beane of SJ. The shit he says makes sense, and you get the feeling he knows what he's talking about. But it never seems to work out the way he says it should.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My new motto: “Sure, everything I say is bullshit, but at least I’m ignorable.”

dixiehack and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

OK, this is ridiculous. Take a chill pill, Ragu. You've made the same post a dozen-bazzillion times on this thread. How many times are you gonna say the same thing?
    You're ooping this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted