1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I look at these sneakers and I’m reminded of a particular Brothers Osborne video.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed. We wouldn't need in "mail-in voting" month if we had it.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And the mail wouldn't be delivered that day, either. :)

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

This place sucks! Make me supreme leader!

matt_garth, Fred siegle and garrow like this.
  7. BTExpress

He didn't praise Russia. He just took two things with nothing in common and somehow tried to connect them.

Like me saying, "The coming of spring makes me realize more than ever . . . I have a hole in my sock!"

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Blizzards, ice storms, hurricanes, tornadoes and any number of other weather events that often keep people from the polls can happen on holidays, too.

The bottom line is, voting is the bedrock of our democracy. The more people who vote, the better. The easier we can make it for people to vote, either by early voting in person or by VBM, makes for a stronger United States. Voting should be one of the easiest things to do in our country, and anyone who makes it harder for someone to exercise his or her legal right is worthy of the opprobrium, scorn and contempt, of my fellow men.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Trump as the new Larry King is a fascinating alternate universe to ponder.

BTExpress likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, they change with some regularity, and not just the guys at the bottom of the lists. When I was young, Wilson was very highly rated. Now, he's not. His extreme racism counts for more these days, as does his essentially authoritarian government during WW1.

12. BTExpress

Speaking of lists . . .

Interesting that according to this "Democracy Index," the U.S. went from "full democracy" to "flawed democracy" in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Economist_Democracy_Index

And a nation ranked only 29th probably shouldn't be lecturing other countries on the subject, or calling Ukraine (91st, "hybrid regime") a democracy.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted