1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I got up early this morning, decided to flip on SportsCenter. My eyes could not believe the sight and sound of Linda Cohn.
    The yelling, the screaming. The time has come to retire the Beav.
    That has become unwatchable.
    I pulled a Pitino and lasted less than 15 seconds.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was she wearing the Harry Carey glasses?

3. poindexter

I apologize if this was on the last 40 pages or so, but did we discuss Netflix American Horror?

I can't even call it a fuckup by the Vallejo police department. Just out and out corruption.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I probably needed to make a little better response than this.

The hand-written sign to keep egos in check was brilliant.
    Huey Lewis when he found his name taped to the floor and saw he was going to stand next to Michael Jackson.
    When Bruce Springsteen says that Steve Perry can really sing, I thought of all of the SJ threads where the know-it-alls say that Journey sucks.
    Michael Jackson insists they do a verse in Swahili and Waylon Jennings hits the bricks.
    Kim Carnes was damn hot.

So much more. It was fun.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It was actually Stevie Wonder who wanted to sing in Swahili, but you're otherwise spot on.
    They also did Shelia E dirty, inviting her hoping to lure Prince.

OscarMadison and ChrisLong like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finished True Detective last night. Enjoyed it, but I probably need to give it another watch to fully appreciate it. There was a lot going on and I may have been a little buzzed/stoned when watching some of the eps, lol.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is she out when ESPN LA ends? She has seemed a bit different in an annoying way. And the blonde hair is so strikingly awkward.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just an amazing camera into the 80's Pop music scene; the roster of people involved, the view of how they interacted with each other, no entourage around, so fun.

Huey Lewis as the new kid on the block; the respect that Cyndi Lauper got from the others (I had no idea); the reverence for Bob Dylan (the part on him was so cool, seeing what it took to get him to perform and the awe everyone had for him). Then of course, the sheer brilliance of Lionel, Michael and Quincy Jones in pulling it off in one night.

9. justgladtobehere

"You know,those limos out back, they aren't free."

10. justgladtobehere

There was 'Best Black Single' award?

11. poindexter

WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS DAN ACKROYD DOING THERE??

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  12. poindexter

That We Are The World documentary was fantastic. Just fascinating.

OscarMadison, garrow and qtlaw like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted