1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

upload_2024-2-26_10-29-22.jpeg

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maybe we all need to talk about what the phrase 'working class' means.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Can't hurt. He's doing terrible with women voters. We can thank them if he loses.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If he does, it won’t be until after he makes all other VP “candidates” perform an almost endless series of demeaning and humiliating stupid pet tricks in some sort of a weird contest of embarrassment.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

All politics is local, right? If you do a deep dive on the 2016 election numbers, the precincts where the ticket-splitting happened that resulted in McCrory losing and Trump winning are almost entirely on Charlotte's northside suburbs toward Lake Norman.

The prevailing theory is that the McCrory administration's complete bungling of I-77 expansion and the introduction of Lexus Lanes (toll lanes) cost him re-election and not HB2 (the anti-trans bathroom bill that cost the state $2 billion+ in lost economic development).

He wasn't the only statewide Dem to win 2016, but there weren't many others. Then in 2020, Cooper had the benefit of incumbency and he handled the pandemic pretty well. I mean overall he has been a good governor, but I think those were the prevailing headwinds for him.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If he picks a woman, she’s going to be the one he’d most like to fuck.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My sense is. ... she's the kind of woman other woman hate. She's also not that popular in her own state, it's a tiny state (population wise) and a national campaign runs serious risk of making her look like a Sarah Palin lightweight, although if the MAGA cult existed when Sarah Palin was running, the stuff she said and did would have been turned into pure genius.

That has nothing to do with whether Trump chooses her. The fact is, there is also nobody he can choose that is going to make the people who will never vote for Trump forget who is at the top of the ticket, and it's not going to be what decides it for the people who are already members of the cult.

Webster and Driftwood like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I love the Monroe Bypass, I can tell you that!

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When you think you're so clever and classless and free, but you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see.

A working class zero is something to be.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Exactly. And reinforce his mucho macho sex machine self image.

His VP will be a reasonably hot POA that Fatfuck will constantly hint and imply he wants to fuck, and they'll go along with it in public, and the MAGGATS will roar with glee.

See his relationship with Ivanky -- who might just be the pick. What better way to demonstrate "I Do Not Give One Single Fuck What Anybody Thinks About Anything" ??

Draft saved Draft deleted