1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jesus. That buzz cut motherfucker is 63?? He looks about 80.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

matt_garth, 2muchcoffeeman and wicked like this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Clay Travis going all in on Conegate

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And not regular Baskin-Robbins ice cream that real 'Merica is familiar with. He went to that highfalutin Van Leeuwen's joint.

5. Starman

OMFG, next he'll put dijon mustard on a hamburger

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Folks realize that was part of a Seth Meyers show, right?

garrow likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Are you saying Clay Travis might have an agenda? How dare you.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Cry hard

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That Black female anchor on FOX scares me, she looks like she was created by AI.

PS: Don't fuck with Heidi Heitkamp. She's pretty darn tough.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Things went well for Fani Willis and Nathan Wade today.

Wade's former law partner, who also represented him for a time in his divorce, was Trump & Assoc.'s key witness in this whole endeavor to get them removed. It was a personal text he sent to one of the defense lawyers that resulted in their initial filing of the claims about Willis & Wade. At the previous hearing he resisted testifying due to attorney-client privilege. After reviewing the texts in camera, the judge issued an order about the attorney-client privilege broadening what he could testify about, so he was back on the stand today.

In his testimony today, the defense lawyers repeatedly tried to lock him in to what he said in those texts. Instead he jumped on the grenade and did a whole lot of "I don't remembers" and "I don't knows" and made himself look pretty damn foolish. But the result is - he's not a credible witness - and his testimony was key to establishing the timeline.

I'm reminded of a case years ago when we had a DV victim who was in serious danger of being killed by her partner but who refused to testify against him. So we put her up on the stand knowing that the judge was likely to dismiss the case after her testimony essentially as a matter of CYA if that reality came to pass. She gave a completely different, wishy-washy story in the witness box than the signed statements she'd made on the night he shot up her car while she and her 9 month old were in it. The old judge, straight out of central casting for a Southern courtroom, pronounced. "The only thing I know for sure is the state's only witnesses is a liar. I don't know if she was lying then or now."

That's the same dilemma the judge in this matter is now facing. The whole thing still looks awful and so a removal wouldn't surprise me. But I think it's less likely after today.

11. Starman

Willis and Wade are not on trial.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Biden’s handlers imagine his young voters to be pretty shallow.

There’s a lot of shit going on in the world and, according to Democrats and some independents, democracy itself is at stake. It’s not the time for Seth Meyers. I’d argue it’s time for just the opposite.

And, again, Biden is better when he’s fired up. That’s why he wins debates. For some reason his team seems concerned with him being irritable and pushy. At least some of the time…it shows backbone.

Draft saved Draft deleted