1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My feet are flat and I guess oddly shaped. I don't don't do well with shoes that don't have laces.
    I've got a pair of Muck boots I wear when I need to be out in the nasty and a pair of deck boots I wear surf fishing in colder months when I can't go barefoot, but otherwise, all my shoes and boots tie.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

See also: My parents bought a house three times bigger than mine for $200K in 1981.

They also got a mortgage at 23 percent.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Look, I love my Tecovas but there's no way in hell they're the most comfortable shoes I own. (Unless my Chacos and Bedrocks aren't in the running since they are sandals.)

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I run, not sure how competitively, but I go through about two pairs a year. One is my daily trainer and the other pair is for longer runs. A good pair of shoes at the local running store costs anywhere from $110 -160.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I like the Brooks just fine and have had them before. I just prefer the 990s. As noted, my feet are flat, and the New Balance just feels better overall to me.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

I’m currently in ASICS for a daily trainer and Saucony for longer runs. I have wide feet, so finding a pair that works is always important.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have no issue with Walmart or Aldi prices. None at all.

I have an issue with every other grocer. Compare those to the BLS.

2-liter Pepsi No Sugar and 23-oz. box of Honey Smacks cereal at Walmart: $6.96
    At Publix: $11.98

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I shop Publix a good bit, mostly for their BOGO's. Anytime I catch one of our staple foods on BOGO I grab some. The other side of the coin is that it seems like everything in the place costs five bucks unless it costs more.

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Publix BOGOs are still typically more expensive than Walmart's store-brand prices. And so many of their BOGOs are now BTGO (buy TWO get one), which further dilutes their usefulness.

maumann likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's me. I have a wide foot, a high arch, and a high instep. Getting shoes that fit properly is difficult and often expensive. New Balance walking shoes were my go to when I was on my feet all day working at a medical clinic. I love me some cowboy boots, but it's an absolute ordeal to find some that fit right and don't hurt. Tony Lamas work for me, but their bottom of the line is pushing $200 anymore, and the price goes up fast for the nice ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted