1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I promise I'll stop beating the dead horse after this. And I'll try to be less of a dick about it.

Size had nothing to do with it. The paper in The Villages is one of the biggest in the country now. Doesn't mean it's credible.

The NYP writes nearly everything with an agenda. I mean, why would the pro-business, profits-above-people, hard-right conservative outlet frame the story the way it did? It was ginned up to piss people off. Anger was the point. So any discussion from that link starts from a point of view.

And the use of "triggered" is as tired as "woke." But sure, it bothers me when any of the few of us here still left in the business posts stuff from such a garbage outlet. It's long been nothing more than Rupert's vanity project. I imagine many would rightly say the same if I posed links from the equally ridiculous hard-left sites out there. Not credible.

Also, an update. Wendy's walking it back.

Wendy's says it has no plans to raise prices during the busiest times at its restaurants

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

David Brooks smiles approvingly at the audacity of the post.

maumann and garrow like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL

People are the new oil, and the Internet is a gusher.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They have small, round marrow bones that my dogs love. Have trouble finding them elsewhere.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's a good reason

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It took close to six years, but India and the U.S. finally agreed to lower Indian tariffs on certain American agricultural products. Of particular interest in my area is the resumption of apple exports, which will add many millions of dollars in sales for Washington apple growers.

Amid all of this, Trump and his talk of establishing “super tariffs” if he is re-elected doesn’t dim much of Central and Eastern Washington MAGA voters enthusiasm for their man.

Just another example of how one wannabe dictator has flipped an entire political party on its head.

OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If I knew anything about money, I wouldn't have gone into newspapers. Even so, this strikes me as something that could easily be used in a predatory fashion while making sure all the blame went to "greedy" homeowners who weren't taught the nuances of finance.
    Wall Street's next big bet could revolutionize homeownership

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There's a 7-Eleven down the street that has 99¢ sliders that are quite yummy and filling. My go-to before I have to open my store.

Like with crack, they hooked me.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

For tennis shoes I split between Nike and Reebok, depending on which is on sale at DSW. Used to go to Penney's for those but their selection is dogshit anymore. Had good luck with Nikes lately; they fall apart externally quickly but they're still very comfy.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Reddit filed to go public today, and plans to let as many as 75,000 schmu - uh, users -- in on the IPO.

Rivian did a variation of that, went as high as 128 in 2022, and currently trades around $11.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted