1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Seven Donald Sins: How a Perverted Criminal Captured the Hearts and Minds of the Holier-Than-Thou Crowd

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

upload_2024-3-1_20-38-44.png

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

People in poverty (as in the kind of poverty Oscar Lewis wrote about in 1966) have a very distinct outlook on the SES/class markers those of us who are more materially comfortable tend to overlook. They are more likely to have a good idea of what something costs. This was especially true of the adolescents, who were acutely aware of what their more affluent peers wore and owned. I am pretty sure this is something they have carried into adulthood and have no doubt the adults in their lives shared that awareness.

I'm not saying the POTUS needs to go slumming. At the same time, maybe skip the trip to the ice cream parlor in front of the cameras. Meyers comes off like a spoiled brat instead of an adult who needs to think outside of his skin. As far as Biden is concerned, I reckon the best I can hope for is he'll do less damage than his predecessor.

It would be nice to be able to cast protest votes. We don't have that luxury. I vote the way I hope others will vote. Seems like the ethical thing to do.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    2muchcoffeeman, wicked and Driftwood like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since the time humanity became blessed/cursed with the knowledge of our mortality there has been some form of religion to deal with that recognition. And ever since, there have been two kinds of folks involved in religion. One is composed of the small minority of the actually holy, and the larger but still not big enough group of people of faith who aspire to walk in the tenets of their faith and in goodwill towards their fellow humans. Then there's a much larger group who're attracted to religion because it gives them a good excuse for pushing other people around and establishing themselves as rulers of men, not servants of their God. This allows them the excuse they need for any evil. This is true of every religion ever created. The ones that can trace their origin to genuine holy men, Jesus, the Prophet Muhammad, Gautama Buddha, all have these horrible people in their midst.

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Slacker likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How the fuck is a grilled cheese “too cheesy!?!”

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Same here. Also, don't give up on home.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Go to In N Out and order an animal grilled cheese.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm actually OK with 2 of 4 Stinky criminal cases going forward before the election. Both will likely result in convictions.

The Manhattan case will start at the end of this month. Now Stinky wants to use the Mar-a-Lago case as a campaign platform and wants to start it in August. That case is actually the easiest-proved of the four.

Orange Julius is all-in in blocking the Jan. 6 case in DC, which is the most serious of the four trials. But he is likely to go into November with as many as 38 felony convictions in all. Polling indicates that will leave a massive mark.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And no accountability will follow

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wait, Duffus is citing hat man again? Was Trollbert not available?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted