1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tough ticket.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They could play it at Memorial Gym. Or U Hall, if it's still standing.

3. dixiehack

Dalton Knecht having a quiet, foul-plagued night in Tuscaloosa, which is going to make what he does to Bama in the last five minutes even more painful.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They suck. Odd team. Fail the eye test.
    The Hokies and Irish have cannibalized the ACC. They have killed Virginia and Wake Forest and may have done the same to Clemson.

5. tapintoamerica

But we’ll always have 2019. Which is more than I ever thought I’d see and more than most will see.

Big Circus likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

It is not. The plot of land will be occupied by another football player palace.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sorry not sorry to ruin Wake's season. But Forbes looked great in a hoodie.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cory Alexander was tearing into Joe Lunardi and his thoughts on the ACC that included supposed NET manipulation by other conferences. This could go in a lot of different directions, and I'm wondering if some higher-ups with the WWL are going to ask the on-air sorts to settle down ... or intentionally do more to stir the pot because WWL and trying to make Lunardi out to be much more than he is.

Clemson was supposed to be the third or fourth team, then it started picking up losses before gathering it back up and righting the ship ... well, before getting dropped in South Bend. Then it was Virginia before the Cavaliers started taking on water, then Wake and two losses this week. Will Pitt possibly take up the fourth or possibly fifth ACC team argument? Syracuse? Beyond Chapel Hill, Duke and likely Clemson, there are no perceived ACC locks.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Looks like I — and many others — threw dirt on Gonzaga’s NCAA tournament streak too soon. After a key road win at Kentucky, the Zags have been rolling, including a dominant payback win at Saint Mary’s tonight. Ike is a load inside, and Nembhard and Hickman are iron men guards who rarely leave the floor, and the Inland Northwest’s own Anton Watson is the “glue” guy and X-factor.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The ACC is weird enough that my Hokies could go on another four-day run in D.C. No one is going on a five-day run, though, so finding a way out of the bottom six this week is pretty key. VT is 8-10 and is behind NC State and FSU at 9-9. Tech finishes at Louisville and with Notre Dame at home. Very winnable games. State has the toughest road (vs. Duke, at Pitt). FSU goes to Pitt and hosts Miami. FSU owns the tiebreak over VT; VT owns it over State. Fairly confident that if Tech gets to 10-10, they'll avoid play-in day in D.C.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Man, I hate to be hyperbolic, but if the ACC fails to get more than three teams in to the tournament in the same year that its undefeated football team was left out of the CFP, I think it rapidly accelerates the conference's implosion.

12. dixiehack

Surely bringing in Stanford, Cal and SMU (fresh off a loss to Texas-San Antonio) is the shot in the arm they need!

Draft saved Draft deleted