1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But enough about RTE

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mad about higher prices? This psycho will solve all your problems.

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

"Biden's conduct on our border is by any definition a conspiracy to overthrow the United States of America. He talks about democracy. He is a danger to democracy."

Trump is quite wrong, IMO, with his opinion, but his statement is an opinion.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Your example was an HVAC company. They spent money to advertise, which comes out of their pockets if it doesn't lead to incremental sales.

Of course they want to "influence" consumers. To do business with their company.

In an ad like the one you described, either they spent their own money to try to convince people of something that isn't real (what you were suggesting). ... or they are using what people are actually experiencing in order to try to generate business (the actual reason people advertise).

Putting aside that empirically, costs have risen dramatically over the last 4 years across the board and a lot of people are struggling because of it. ... I'll personally assume the logical explanation for an ad like that.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd like to say he's the expert on overthrowing the government, but his failed so craptaculary ...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Oh come on. You are not going to convince people they are getting killed by how much more expensive their lives have become if it isn't actually happening.

But keep telling people not to believe their lying eyes.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When I grow up I want to know everything about everything and explain to everyone how I’m not wrong, they are. Must be a lonely yet rewarding existence.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You answered the question I was about to ask: What took them so damn long?

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

With Stinky, every accusation is a confession.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Seems like it could be a chicken or egg argument. You might use existing perceptions to create the idea that your product will fill a need.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Couldn't resist sharing this one ...

Draft saved Draft deleted