1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

FFS Axios

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The real question is, why do people even feign surprise anymore?

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's all out on the table now. Forget norms, the laws mean nothing. There's only power. If one side believes in a dictator and the other in constitutional democracy, side two is playing uphill all the time every day.

Tarheel316, matt_garth and TigerVols like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Who is more compromised vis a vis Trump cases---Fani Willis.....or Clarence Thomas?

franticscribe and SFIND like this.
  5. jr/shotglass

Well, that might be overstating it a bit. We managed to get through 2016-20 without him burning the democracy to the ground.

I'm really digging in going forward against pearl-clutching. I keep remembering the SNL bit with Chappelle and Chris Rock on 2016 election night, with all the white folks barely restraining from jumping out the window while the two of them look on bemusedly, like, "What did you NOT see coming?"

We're all gonna live with what shakes out, and the plaster will not be falling off our walls.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    BTExpress likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He’ll be a lot more savvy for round 2.

More importantly his boys Bannon and Miller will be ready to jump in and get done what they want to get done ASAP.

They well might have a complicit U.S. Senate.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is exactly where we are. And because the side that believes in democracy doesn’t have the media on their side, it will lose rather dramatically this fall.

wicked likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

As long as I don't see a mushroom cloud ...

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

#thecouphasalreadyhappened

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

(tm)

wicked and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Not your wall or mine, maybe. And I don't particularly want to clutch pearls myself. But the Trump administration hurt an awful lot of people irredeemably (separated migrant families, COVID victims who may have been alive had there been a remotely competent, serious response, Dreamers, women needing reproductive care, transgender public school students, etc.). Neither you nor I nor those closest to either of us likely fit into those categories but the harm was very, very real.

12. jr/shotglass

Quite fair, yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted