1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There is probably a 10% abortion penalty/bonus that somehow is still not being picked up by pollsters.

The Alabama IVF ruling and undoubted other rulings down the pike will reinforce this.

So I ain't skeered about the November vote. The only internment camps will be for the few tens of thousands of Trumpers stupid enough to react without logistical backing, and that's only because the prisons will be full.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, I almost think the pollsters are doing their best to keep Trump viable, skewing their polls in his direction now, making Biden seem more vulnerable than he is. And slowly will unwind it by untweaking their formula.
    Where would be be if Biden held a sizable lead over Trump now? Noboday would be interested in the race. People wouldn't watch the news (and maybe worse, people wouldn't vote)

3. DanOregon

I mean, we've all seen how pro wrestling matches play out, yes?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Stable. Genius.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Boo-fucking-hoo, convict. Cry those man-baby tears harder.

2muchcoffeeman and wicked like this.
  6. DanOregon

I really do love these conservatives some reporters describe as "not liking the tweets insults, but supporting him" - like, why ELSE would you support him? Can anyone defend him on policy issues? Really? What policy issues? COVID? The tariff war? Selling out Afghanistan?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Civil War II with standing armies just won't be possible in this day and age. You have to have (as I alluded to earlier) logistics and financial backing, and those sources (domestic and otherwise) will be interdicted quickly. Armies cannot fight without beans and bullets.

Instead it'll be stochastic lone-wolf attacks and a few militia groups which the government should roll up in short order. The lone wolves will be the greater threat.

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i used this framework to justify a hall pass from mrs dsd and if any of you have a couch or a shed i can use for a couple of nights i sure would appreciate it

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I’m very grateful, obviously, that somehow Barack Obama made it through two full terms without any viable threats on his life — that we know of, anyway.

Eight years later, with way more shooting incidents, automatic weapons, anger and hatred out there, I am worried again about assassination attempts. We’re not that far from the political chaos of Mexico.

12. DanOregon

I said "almost" thought it - not that i did. I DO believe that the mainstream media is unaware just how much their influence has slipped though. There is no "conventional wisdom" , you have partisan "establishment" media and then the biggest variable, the social-media and click-baity crap which is what a bigger and bigger chunk of the American public "eat" for their "news." How much of that stuff is China and Russia-generated garbage? AI-infected shit-stirring. Remember when people were alarmed at how much of the public got their "news" from late-night comedians? Not as many people aren't even watching those shows anymore. Colbert, Kimmell and Fallon combine for about 6 million viewers nightly, Carson was getting 10m a night by himself 35 years ago.
    It would be an interesting discussion on one of those pointy-headed discussion shows, how the US democracy is under very serious threat by the very freedoms we were founded upon, = freedom of speech, freedom of the press freedom to own as many guns as you want, - all in the process of being undone by governments who have not interest in any personal freedoms.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted