1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I think you’re overestimating the interest the general public has in the SOTU speech. Sure, a colossal fuck up would gain traction. Otherwise, I don’t think it’s front and center for many outside the diehard political junkies.

And the off-ramp stuff is absurd. Not gonna happen outside a major medical event. It’s wishcasting for bored pundits, click-hunters and trumplican operatives with an interest in stirring shit.

Why, I’m old enough (not as old as Biden, he’s practically Methuselah, the NYT reports) to remember when all the same pundits, click-hunters and trumplican operatives were SURE the Dems should boot Biden as the nominee in favor of Andrew Cuomo.

Boy, how great would that have worked out with him being disgraced and forced out of office with a MeToo scandal. (The result would have been what many pushing this desire).

Biden has the incumbency, the money and the democratic political machine. The rest is nonsense.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, the heel gets outside interference with a foreign object, knocks out the babyface, gets the win and cuts a promo with an ass-kissing commentator.

And the heel in this case is actually a WWE Hall of Famer.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A presidential (or candidate) assassination isn't even close to the worst thing that can happen to a country. In 1933 Germany, it probably would have been the best thing.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Outside of a bolt of lightning - I doubt any manner of Trump's sudden demise would be accepted (and even then). Though I think choking on some KFC or a Big Mac would be funny.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So they punted.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Having a 21-year-old call girl pull a Lorena Bobbitt job on him would also be appropriate.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Are we sure the Russian Army isn't training in Texas?

franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

About the only way Biden could penetrate the American consciousness would be saying "the State of the Union is that our nation is on the brink of the end of democracy. I agree that most are just theater, that only the cable news types get juiced up over. Keep it simple - start with the border, talk about remedies being blocked by some here in this room seeking to encourage havoc on the border, pivot to why they are coming - a strong economy with stats, etc. - and why they are leaving their homes - brutal dictators, oppressive regimes, talk about Ukraine and how this same "attack on democracy" is happening in Europe. Of course - I'd hate to be the person tasked with writing the Israel-Gaza sections.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If she can find enough to cut, if we are to believe Stormy Daniels.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Gotta find it first, hoss.

Edit: Fuckin’ @HanSenSE

Draft saved Draft deleted