1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

But Yay Liberty top 25!

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I hope Bobert loses so she can go back to her real career as a truck stop lot lizard.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

During a debate in late January, she got a lot of criticism for switching districts. She was fifth out of nine in a straw vote.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I remember that straw poll. I've never had a sense of how much they reflect what might happen, if at all.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

True. Again, pretty crowded field but there's obvious skepticism of her coming to this side of the Divide. On top of all of her other very-public bullshit.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Confession: I had never voted in a primary before today. I have no clue what usual turnout is for those. You can say bored Democrats, but I feel like I had one chance to deliver a personal fuck you to Trump so I enjoyed using it.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its odd that we are in the thick of primary season and I've seen minimal (if any) physical indications in this neck of the woods for Trump. You used to see flags flying, off the back up pick-ups, fresh bumper stickers - I see none of that. And despite Portland, the rural parts of the state (which is most of it) is very Trumpy.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

But what about the boat parades and yuge rallies? That, we were told, was the clear reason trump would win in 2020. It was scientific analysis from the deplorable crowd.

garrow and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

She will not be missed. Hopefully in retirement she'll get the attention she seeks as a lobbyist.

It would seem to be good news for Gallego. Like trump, I think a lot of people will come out to vote against Lake, and he appears to be a quality candidate.

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wait, the SOTU is on Thursday? Isn't almost always on a Monday or Tuesday night?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's because of Super Tuesday. Since California (and I think some other states but not sure) has its Congressional primaries today, a good number of Representatives, 52 to be precise, are on the West Coast and they need time to get back to DC.

Draft saved Draft deleted