1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Was it Huey Lewis?

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Am watching Curb and Young Sheldon and they both seem to be coasting to a stop. The cast of the former seems to be happy to fill up eighteen to twenty-two minutes and then moving on. I miss the shaggy-dog feel of the stories. Sheldon should have stopped at Ce Ce's birth or the tornado. As much as I'll miss the slice of suburban Texas life, it's wearing thin.

Thanks to a bad cold, there was a lost Nyquil Weekend last week. I know I saw the We Are The World Doc, but remember none of it. Did Tina really go full Faith Hill on Cyndi Lauper? I am disappoint.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can someone explain again why Aykroyd was there?

4. OscarMadison

The Blues Brothers? I dunno, either. He's not terrible on the blues harp, but still...

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

A spin-off with Georgie and his partner just got a pick-up, according to the ole Internets. So, the Sheldon expanded universe continues. Jim Parsons likely banked and continues to bank a crap ton of residuals for BBT, so at least we won't be getting Old Sheldon anytime soon.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

From a Screen Rant article, sounds like random chance:

7. OscarMadison

Really? Someone needs to send Parsons a boxed set of Joanie Loves Chachi.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How about Sheldon joins NCIS? I can't believe they are plotting another NCIS show.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Now a spinoff with Craig T Nelson and Annie Potts is something I would watch. Those two are wonderful together

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Shogun is great

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What do you what for nothin’?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

I have all three BB albums. They were a fun gateway to Blues for my generation.

Aykroyd confirms that's what he had in mind. Frankly, I'm, grateful for it.

Two notes here:
    1.) I was looking for the back story on the picture of DA with the Ray-Bans wearing nun from The Big Dig in Memphis when I found this article.
    2.) I stopped at paragraph 15. Is it denial to not want to hear about the substance abuse? The music was enough for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted