1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Anytime I think of the New York Times, I think of the 2003 Poynter workshop in St. Louis where Gerald Boyd gave the opening remarks.

"There's not a person in this room that wouldn't want my job," he said, pompously.

I remembered thinking, "Man, he thinks highly of himself" and "Nah, I actually don't want that gig and I'll bet many here wouldn't."

A few months later, Jayson Blair happened and Boyd resigned.

Life comes at you fast.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"a few months later"

lol

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was trying to be diplomatic since he died. Again, life comes at you fast.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The kids are going to make a difference

@CalMatters

As of Tuesday, more than 2 million voters older than 65 had cast their ballots, versus about 300,000 voters aged 18 to 34, according to Political Data, Inc., which tracks early ballot return data.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Fatfuck returns to office, his first action will be to unconditionally pardon himself for any and all federal crimes he may ever have committed in his life.

His second action, as commander in chief, will be to authorize immediate military action against any individual state or municipality allowing any civil or criminal legal actions against him, on the grounds that any such actions constitute an attempt to interfere with and impede the function of the CinC of the nation's armed forces.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fuck Mitch McConnell. What a pathetic piece of shit.

Slacker, OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

If is unbelievable that people are so excited about the Dodgers, they are voting for Garvey. I know him from having covered the Dodgers at the end of his time in L.A. and I wouldn't vote for him to be dog catcher. He has had so much work done on his face that he can hardly talk. In his late interview last night, he dropped so many baseball cliches I wanted to gag. "They threw me 70 miles per hour fastballs and now the are watching me trot around the bases." The news reports said he didn't spend a nickel on advertising, but there was one video commercial where he kisses Trump's ass by saying that the country was much safer under Donald Trump than it is now. Bullshit, Garv. How safe were the people inside the Capitol on Jan. 6? How safe did they feel with Covid attacking and Trump doing nothing about it. I am sorry to see Katie Porter defeated, but I'm sure Schiff will strike out Garvey.

I Should Coco, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted