1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

1973 NYM.

Supposedly Donald Grant held a meeting with the team, which was below .500 but still in contention in a very bad NL East, and ended it by saying, "You gotta believe." McGraw at first sarcastically adopted the term and used it to mock Grant, who was widely despised, but it became their slogan when they got healthy and started winning.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Facts and information be damned. <shrug> Your choice.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Well, there he goes again

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Were they Republicans back then?

What kind of Democrat do you like?

Do you have a top five issues that matter to you most? Like, if you're designing a platform for a Democrat, what's that look like?

8. Regan MacNeil

I'll be happy to answer that if you will.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Her announcement drew outrage from civil libertarians, who called the move an overreach that would infringe on the rights of commuters, but the union representing the city’s transit workers applauded it as “the beginning of real action.”

Still, Richard Davis, the president of Local 100 of the Transport Workers Union, said that the plan did not go far enough.

“We will not be pacified,” Mr. Davis said in a statement. The surge “cannot be just a temporary measure,” he said. “It must remain in place.”

Under the governor’s plan, 750 members of the New York National Guard and an additional 250 personnel from the State Police and the M.T.A. will be scattered across the transit system, working with the New York Police Department. The governor said part of their focus would be to keep weapons out of the subway system.

“No one heading to their job or to visit family or go to a doctor appointment should worry that the person sitting next to them possesses a deadly weapon,” the governor said.

What horrible thinking!

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I did that on this thread the last time you accused me of being a Republican.

11. Regan MacNeil

I notice ... nothing in there about civil rights.

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted