1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

After 9/11, I distinctly remember beefed up (and frankly ludicrous) security at stadiums.

It was not called unconstitutional.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Cuts to Congressional benefits/pensions must mirror each cut to Medicare/SSI.

End of discussion. Next!

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Funny, I didn’t even care to look for a photo of him until this post. Back in that America, he would’ve been tarred and feathered and hung from a tree.

Despite anti-women stances, I’ll guess that a third of his vote comes from women.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tie their salaries to the national debt. Give them bonuses if they can lower it.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bag searches are not unconstitutional. In fact, NYPD and the Transit Police have never stopped doing them, just cutting them way back. The real mover in this is the TWU union. While crimes against/among passengers have declined, there has been a spate of assaults of subway personnel. The TWU has the clout to get action to protect its members, which is a good thing by and large. But the National Guard won't help much. They're not cops and shouldn't be used as such by Governors looking to horn into some publicity.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Bernie wonders why so soon

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It is theater and a waste of time. But it’s not unconstitutional. You have every right to refuse the search. … and not enter the station.

I actually did it once a few years ago to see how they would handle it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump never disappoints. In his fraudulent business records and cover up trial he has filed motions to prevent testimony by both Stormy Daniels and Michael Cohen.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Is he a Saudi royal?
    No?---------->Do not collect Kushner dough

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Every time I look at Twitter trending I see news/takes that make me want to gouge my eyes. Then again, I know trending is just a propaganda platform for Elon. Doesn't make me feel any better, tho.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That would be the most Boomer thing ever.

A better play would be taking all the wealth the Boomers have amassed, tax it, and shore up SS and Medicare. And given inflation, they probably should increase the $125k tax cap. That said - I've been part of unions where the "tenured" folks sold out the newcomers, protecting their retirement at the expense of those coming behind them. I do think we are too far down the road to make it happen - the Boomer vote just isn't what it once was, and given the disparities between the Boomer "life experience" - and the following generations - home prices, wage stagnation and college costs -, it would not fly.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    Driftwood and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted