1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Someone who cares about his constituents should push his ass off a cliff.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ja daligt fur Biden!

3. Starman

One great thing about turning 65 and becoming an Official Senior Citizen is, you no longer have to give any of these fucking morons any respect on the basis of age, and you can go right ahead and call them fucking morons.

Yeah and this just proves what full of shit cowards they are anyway. They ADMIT that Fatfuck has done lots of horrifying terrible things and will undoubtedly do them again.

So you know they're actually sensible responsible people. They know the right thing to do.

But they're going to vote for the fascist fatass anyway.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. And we're still living with a lot of this today because of his sheer stupidity.

garrow likes this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

He absolutely can win, which is terrifying. I don't think he will for a variety of reasons, but it is certainly possible.

His opponent is the current attorney general, who has done a generally good job in that role, and who served in the state legislature before that. You couldn't have a bigger contrast between the quiet, effective policy wonk and the boisterous boor who never actually says anything substantive, just offensive. Whatever is left of the moderate middle should feel very comfortable voting for Stein and very uncomfortable voting for Robinson.

Another sort of wild card is the Dem candidate for AG is current congressman Jeff Jackson, who is unusually popular with Zoomers. He has a massive TikTok following. There were lots of ancedotes Tuesday of young people voting for the first time specifically because of him and his TikToks. The detailed turnout data isn't available yet, but I will be curious to see if it bears out. I know counting on the youth vote is typically fools gold, but when statewide races are regularly decided by less than a point, well, every little bit counts.

Regardless, Dems need a good GOTV campaign. That's the best bet to keeping Mark Robinson out of office - and maybe helping other Dems too. When Obama won here in 2008 he had an incredible GOTV machine. When he lost in 2012, he did not. Hilary's campaign seemed non-existent. Biden's was closer to Obama in 2012.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Driftwood and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And some unhoused people are holding down jobs while living in a car or tent.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What did 45 F*cko the Clown do for 'em?

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Starman

He called them losers and suckers.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How much of a shitshow is tonight going to be? MTG and the other performance artists are going to do something during the speech to get their base excited, right?

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

(OK, right thread) Can I ask a dumb question because it's been bugging me since election night? Why doesn't Colorado lump the presidential primary with the rest of the primary elections from the state? I was wondering why I hadn't seen people dancing in the streets over Boebert getting ousted only to find out Congressional primaries aren't until June 25. Why have two elections? Wouldn't it be more cost effective and less confusing to have one?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And there but for the grace of God go I.

This is a good video about the homeless issues.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted