1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Last Christmas' fruit cake on a closet shelf is more qualified than Coach..

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

So Trump has until Monday to cough up $83m in cash or a bond in the E. Jean Carroll case. That's going to be interesting. Judge Kaplan slapped down TFG's attempt to pay less today.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Remind me again what happens if Monday comes and goes and he hasn’t paid?

4. Neutral Corner

The DA seizes one of his properties and sells it to raise the money.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not quite. He owes the money to E. Jean Carroll not the DA. She has to try to collect first.

If she can't, she'd need to get court orders that would allow law enforcement to seize property or force a bank to turn over his assets. It would take time. It's not like she just shows up and someone seizes a building on Monday.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

SotU.

Who beat?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A Subway Plan Aimed to Ease Fears. The Blowback Was Immediate.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m not going to watch it, but the image of putting a woman in the kitchen is on point for them.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mean, they could have put her in an apron with a cooling apple pie in front of her.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Tonight, Katie Britt will be playing the role of every sports mother who ever called me at my desk.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that Boebert was a bit subdued last night because she’s bailed on her old district because she would most likely lose and is running in a new one and was trying to avoid creating more campaign flyer material her opponents could use. Unfortunately for American democracy, she’s running against eight or nine other Republicans in the primary, so the vote will be segmented and the lunatic core percentage might be enough to make her segment the largest. Voters in that district are GOP enough that the winner in the primary is almost automatically the winner in the general election.

Taylor-Greene, on the other hand, is in a district that perpetuates the stereotype of backward southerners. The more rude she is, the more they like her.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted