1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was definitely one of the ones who wanted him gone a couple of years ago and those feelings were coming back after starting the season as badly as they did but this season may be his best coaching job. Made a couple of lineup changes and this team has been on a roll since beating Duke in Durham.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The plot twist will be if Cooper Flagg is a nice guy who shows great sportsmanship at all times.

Somewhere there is a kid saying he/she didn’t hit Filipowski hard enough.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mizzou lost to LSU, capping a 0-18 SEC slate — with all 18 consecutive. That’s damn hard to do. After the excitement of last season, Gates gets a mulligan this season. But he needs his team to bring it next time around.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I guess.
    Any time you’re drawing comparisons to Kim Anderson, it ain’t good. But unexpected personnel losses this season and the fact the team played hard every night are fair reasons for the mulligan.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I get that the Tennessee women wanted to protect the tying 2-pointer but they left the 3-shooter WIDE OPEN.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Longwood, 6-10 in regular-season Big South Conference play, crushes UNC Asheville to win the league title. Longwood played a very irregular non-conference schedule. Only one guarantee game by my count — Dayton.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I like the Hawkeyes’ chances in that one!

And Iowa did well against their actual opponent, Nebraska, too, winning in OT for its third straight B1G tourney title.

Songbird likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Drake it doing its best to crap away the MVC championship. They were up 18 in the second half, but it's now 72-72 with 4:08 left, and Indiana State on the line after a foul on a made 3.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

So let's talk Valley bids. Would the have gotten two? Will they get two?

I originally thought Indiana State had the better resume, so for bubble purposes it hurt that Drake won. But Drake actually might have the better resume, we just heard about Indiana State more.

Drake is now 7-4 Q1-2 with four Q1 wins. Indiana State will be 5-5 with only one Q1 win. They also have a Q4 loss, which isn't always the end of the world, but it looks worse with only one Q1 win. Their metrics are really solid, though.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way, but as I think most here would agree, would rather see Indiana State in than a 13-loss power team.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Quality fight in the LSU-South Carolina women’s game, including what seem to be realtives coming in from the crowd and over the scorer’s table.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

10 is the Bob Probert of the SEC.

I hope SC still won the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted