1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

christ I'm tired

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2024/03/12/school-lgbtq-hate-crimes-incidents/

School hate crimes targeting LGBTQ+ people have sharply risen in recent years, climbing fastest in states that have passed laws restricting LGBTQ student rights and education, a Washington Post analysis of FBI data finds.

In states with restrictive laws, the number of hate crimes on K-12 campuses has more than quadrupled since the onset of a divisive culture war that has often centered on the rights of LGBTQ+ youth.

At the same time, calls to LGBTQ+ youth crisis hotlines have exploded, with some advocates drawing a connection between the spike in bullying and hate crimes, and the political climate.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Biden should have announced at the beginning of his speech that anyone who yelled at him would be summarily executed if SCOTUS rules that he has absolute immunity.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But the central lie of the speech is unforgiveable. Easily debunked - as it was. How could you be deluded enough to think you'd get away with something like that? THAT's what I am talking about - the performance was just weird.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of course!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ask anyone who has lost a loved one, particularly a child, tragically - that time is a fog for anyone, everyone. I doubt Biden was able to really process the death in real time, given his patriarchal role - looking after family, looking after the son, welcoming messages of support, your entire routine is obliterated - because you are so focused on others.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Having gone through it -- 1000 percent accurate.

FileNotFound and Liut like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

All true. Went though it twice. But I also remember every single detail of those days like they were yesterday.

Much like how people always remember where they were on 9/11.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Stinkbottom can't even pronounce Putin's name. It's time for him to exit the stage, or for the strings to be cut.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted