1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shocking

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

bte-
    Sometimes you can make it worse by overcorrecting.
    Years ago when Eric Chavez played third for the A's, ESPN's Jon Miller tried to pronounce the name with what he thought was the proper Latin American pronunciation/flourish.
    Like the morning guy for MSNBC (Mario Diaz-Balart?) with (what is said to be) the perfect Hispanic diction and accent.
    Chavez told him it was just Shivvezz.

Tarheel316 and BTExpress like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Stop. Just stop.

enough with the wishcasting.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

For the next however many years, it's Nee-ko Ima-LAY-va. Not the way he says it? Sorry. Welcome to Knoxville. We try.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It will be 218-213. Dems don't pick up a seat when an R vacates.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Did anyone see the clip where Trump mocked Biden’s stuttering? I grew up being taunted about having asthma, having zits all over my face, etc. One of my brothers has autism and he received all kinds of abuse. Trump is so fucking disgusting. I don’t see how anyone can vote for him. Makes me want to puke.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Remember how indignant the righties were when Hillary described them as deplorables? Now they wear it as a badge.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

There are few people in American history who have needed a good old-fashioned ass-kicking more than Donald J. Trump. Sad that the people most likely to deliver said ass-kicking are also under his spell.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If something did happen with Trump (medical/judicial) that would force him to abandon his campaign, can you imagine what a shitshow it would be for the GOP coming up with another nominee? The "normals" wouldn't have a chance, and it would end up being a totally unelectable boot-licker. But the in-fighting would be delicious.

Draft saved Draft deleted