1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is great news for Democrats.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Susan Page of USA Today notes something about that paper's poll published today (Trump 40-Biden 37). Trump's approval rating for his job as President in the poll is a higher score than he ever got from the poll when he WAS President. There's a lot of talk about cognitive decline in the two candidates. Perhaps the focus should shift to cognitive decline in the electorate.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My Quaker, Republican grandparents hated him.

My dad, who enlisted in the Navy after his education deferments were up in order to avoid combat, not so much.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    OscarMadison likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Boebert not happy with Ken Buck.

“The establishment concocted a swampy backroom deal to try to rig an election I’m winning by 25 points,” Boebert said in a statement, citing a late February poll by Kaplan Strategies in which she led the primary field with 32% support among 558 likely voters.

“Forcing an unnecessary Special Election on the same day as the Primary Election will confuse voters, result in a lame duck Congressman on Day One, and leave the 4th District with no representation for more than three months. The 4th District deserves better.”

Lauren Boebert opts out of special election after Ken Buck resigns

The governor has already set the date of the special election for June 25, the same day as the primary. Basically, it will be two elections on the same day.

Republicans and unaffiliates can vote in the Republican primary, which has nine candidates. The winner advances to the general in November.

On another ballot, all registered voters can vote in the special election with the winner finishing out Buck's term.

Only one Republican and one Democrat will be on the special election ballot as put forth by party committees.

Boebert isn't going to put her name forward for the special election because if she won, she'd have to step down from her current seat on the Western Slope, then there would have to be a special election over there.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like Buck and many others aren't big fans of Handjob Helen.

Tarheel316 and MileHigh like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's always fun to watch somebody get pissed that another person played the game better than they did.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Most definitely cognitive decline in the electorate!

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He was married a bunch of times
    Twice divorced
    He'd never leave willingly, I guess
    So he decided to use some force

He pushed the Putin lackey thing as far as he could
    Abandoned the West
    Every day a dark, sad night
    His wife always said be best

He turned around to look at me