1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I implore the trumplicans to keep trying to destroy women's rights, healthcare and social security. It's a winning platform!

2muchcoffeeman, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Maybe just call them what they are: Republicans. No use qualifying it with Trump at the beginning. He is their party. They've either done nothing or, at best, next to nothing to stop him. They're Republicans.

UNCGrad, TigerVols and garrow like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Beetlejuice? Heck what could I get if I sprang for tickets to Hamilton?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /live look at wolf blitzer nodding and furrowing his brow as joe manchin feeds him 2020's i am teh thoughtful centrist gruel

7. DanOregon

Are you really a centrist if you have to keep moving right to keep up with the GOP?

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I’ll say this about him and other MAGAs. Even though Tuberville and many others are new to politics it didn’t take long for them to understand it isn’t bean bags. The high road is for suckers. When you play, you play for keeps.

9. DanOregon

But there is a difference in being an asshole for the sake of getting something you want, or stopping something you want - and just being an asshole. The biggest and loudest in Congress also seem to be the least effective in getting anything done - so much so, that they have to end up touting legislation that helps their district even when they voted against it. Maybe you get on Fox News a lot, get a lot of retweets - but you aren't a social media influencer, your job is a legislator. Burning bridges with colleagues isn't how you get it done.

garrow and Webster like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That's straight out of the Madison Cawthorne playbook (don't legislate, bloviate). Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for that asshat to expose everyone in the GOP like he said he would.

HanSenSE, garrow and matt_garth like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He thinks he has stuff on other members of his klan. But they surely have plenty on him.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted