1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did they bitch about the price of soft drinks at Publix too?

2muchcoffeeman, Slacker and garrow like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Let's cut right to the chase again ...

upload_2024-3-14_23-33-46.jpeg

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given Trump is a big proponent of the "F your Feelings" branch of philosophy, I almost think him playing the victim card and "nobody has been treated worse: is a play at finding connection with his aggrieved white voting base. those who feel that they've been treated badly all their life, by their parents, by schools, by the system that allowed poor non-white kids to go to college but not them, by women and non-whites who were promoted ahead of them etc. etc.
    It might be the greatest con job Trump has played, getting his base to identify with him, or him identifying with his base. I never thought he'd stoop to going to some of these places for these rallies and mingling with these folks, but he did - and its worked to convince them he's one of them.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON (AP) — For Republicans eager to regain the Senate majority this year, Ohio offers a prime opportunity to pick up a critical seat.

But ahead of Tuesday’s primary election, there’s mounting anxiety inside the GOP that Bernie Moreno may emerge with the nomination. After vaulting into the top tier of contenders with a coveted endorsement from Donald Trump, Moreno — who has shifted from a public supporter of LGBTQ rights to a hardline opponent — is confronting questions about the existence of a 2008 profile seeking “Men for 1-on-1 sex” on a casual sexual encounters website called Adult Friend Finder.

“Hi, looking for young guys to have fun with while traveling,” reads a caption on a photo-less profile under the username “nardo19672,” according to an Associated Press review of records made public through a massive and well-publicized data breach of the website. Records also show the profile was last accessed about six hours after it was created.

The AP review confirmed that someone with access to Moreno’s email account created the profile, though the AP could not definitively confirm whether it was created by Moreno himself. Questions about the profile have circulated in GOP circles for the past month. On Thursday evening, two days after the AP first asked Moreno’s campaign about the account, the candidate’s lawyer said a former intern created the account as a prank. The lawyer provided a statement from the intern, Dan Ricci, who said he created the account as “part of a juvenile prank.”

“I am thoroughly embarrassed by an aborted prank I pulled on my friend, and former boss, Bernie Moreno, nearly two decades ago,” Ricci said. The AP couldn’t independently confirm Ricci’s statement and he didn’t immediately respond to messages left for him on multiple phone numbers listed to him. He donated $6,599 to Moreno’s campaign last year, according to campaign finance records.

Moreno’s lawyer, Charles Harder, insisted Moreno “had nothing to do with the AFF account.”​

https://apnews.com/article/ohio-senate-election-2024-bernie-moreno-09e34f6331708c192c89d7c1727c2458

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When your base if full of people who think a pizza parlor is a front for a pedo-ring, do you think they'll buy it? :confused:

[​IMG]

garrow, HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve not done a deep dive, but is Bernie Moreno alleged to have done anything illegal?

Draft saved Draft deleted