1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Big storm gearing up here, potentially up to a foot of snow in the city. So ... March.

2. MileHigh

Update: This could be a crippling storm here starting Wednesday night into Friday.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

80 yesterday. Severe thunderstorms tonight. Chance of snow flurries on Monday.

Spring weather can be the worst and the best.

4. MileHigh

Got about a foot here in the suburbs. Highest total I've seen is 45.5 inches in the mountains near the gambling towns about 45 minutes to the west. Seen some other 3-foot totals. Still coming down pretty good here.

5. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Had a Facebook memory pop up from two years ago today having lunch in T-shirts on a rooftop bar in Boulder with temps around 70.
    Today, more than a foot of snow there.
    Springtime in the Rockies indeed.

Stay safe MileHigh.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    MileHigh likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It went to 85, sunny and clear here today. Rain overnight.

7. MileHigh

Been through a lot worse here. Lots of great moisture.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We escaped. Town eight miles over had buildings flattened. I waited it out in the factory bathroom while a half mile wide system was three miles south. Kiddo was scared to death but everybody is safe at home.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it @Hermes. Also makes me realize how suspiciously quiet March has been down here so far.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This is insanely early for us up here. I get the feeling our Marches will be more like yours down there as the planet heats up.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

3 confirmed dead and 22 missing in the town over from us.

God has a sick sense of humor. A Taco Bell was leveled but the drive up menu is untouched. I will never understand physics well enough to understand how that can happen.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Today is the 24th anniversary of the Georgia Dome tornado. And next month is the 50th anniversary of the 1974 Super Outbreak.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted