1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Whatever direction I go when I leave home, there is a Chase less than 10 minutes away.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Diet Coke in Europe used old school saccharine when I was there and they tasted a lot better than American Diet Cokes. Saccharine never got banned in Europe.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They are glorified ATMs - I went into a new Chase branch - I couldn't believe how stark it was. One small counter for customer transactions, many offices with doors (closed) that didn't seem to be occupied. There was one person to help customers. Their service is abysmal.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My local Bank of America branch usually has a greeter, three teller windows, a waiting area with couches, and several offices for (I assume) mortgages and loans. It's six miles away, though, and I would like one closer to where I live.

5. DanOregon

I imagine the branches are mostly for the older folks who aren't tech savvy and have serious money. But the trend is definitely going to on-line banking. At which point, you will see very few branch banks in most cities. Maybe even a "food court" model with banks sharing a location for their ATMs.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

But that app.

Seriously the best, most intuitive app I use is Chase’s. It loads fast, never double-clutches on payments or check photos and everything is two taps away.

I use four different banks for various CD’s, credit cards and loans. Chase is so far above the others.

7. DanOregon

Yes - probably smart to dive hard into the on-line - but it still surprises me how bad they are at person to person customer service. Very limited hours, high fees for account holders that aren't even competitive with the local grocery store for wiring money or certified checks.

Hermes likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. They need some rules on the photographs real estate companies take.

Look at the tiles in the listing of the home we bought. I reality, they're 18x18. Here they are rectangles . . . to make the rooms appear huge.

[​IMG]

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I noticed Chase opening branches in nice suburbs in my area. I thought Chase was going after high net worth customers who both want face to face interaction and are worth the cost of that level of service.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've been with Chase since the 2008 financial collapse and haven't had any troubles with them other than a bullshit stunt they pulled after my sister's family died in the crash. But I had to have a lot of one-on-one interactions dealing with their estates and the woman who was my primary contact was really great and always available.

Draft saved Draft deleted