1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No way she pulls a Duke of Windsor here, is there?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

See, the GOP is OK with some abortions!

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Seems like a pretty fair ruling, in my opinion. Basically says there is no actual conflict of interest but the appearance of a conflict means one of the two needs to withdraw and if it's Willis, that means her whole office goes with her.

Regardless, it helps Trump get the one thing he really wanted (or his lawyers really wanted), which is a delay. They can appeal the decision, which I am sure they will, to further slow things down and if Willis decides to pull in a different outside attorney to replace Wade, that person will need time to get up to speed.

The whole private practice lawyer being paid to prosecute a case thing is strange to me anyway, probably because North Carolina did away with its version of that some 30-odd years ago. It's a vestige of another era when there wasn't enough work to justify full-time prosecutors in small cities and rural counties, but that's obviously not how it is being used here.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ethics, appearances: for Dems....and nobody else

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You and I both know that a lot of MAGAs are not gonna vote for someone with teh gay. Of course many more are capable of ignoring virtually anything to vote for someone with (R) after their name.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

OK, but why is it the AP’s job to traffic in gossip?

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Good question. Biggest case of her life and Willis does something really stupid.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That gossip ain’t gonna traffic itself.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Alabama legislature is dead determined to mow down what few green shoots emerge from the field of education in this state.

State schools superintendent raises concerns over several bills in Alabama Legislature • Alabama Reflector

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I am astounded that someone with the first name of Bernie and the last name of Moreno has a shot at a Republican nomination in Ohio.

Draft saved Draft deleted