1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

!#%*!!^$!! Snakes on the plate!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Chickens and six-toed cats.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fuckin’ Hemingway.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I was surprised by the number of feral chickens roaming Honolulu. They stay away from the more populated areas, but you can easily spot them.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Do they still have the bounty on pythons in Florida? A few years back I remember reading some stories about guys making, if not a living then some decent side gig cash, by going into the Everglades and hunting pythons to collect $10 or $20 a snake, or whatever it was the state was offering to try and control the population.

Also, there is no shortage of iguanas in Key West. I don't think they're regarded as good eatin' though.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Skink roams through there, too. So that helps him avoid trips to Publix.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

When we visited Kauai five years ago, someone told us an easy way to tell a tourist driver from a local driver is the tourist avoids chickens/roosters in the road. A local driver aims for them.

wicked likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Feral hogs are good to kill too but anything bigger than 300 lb. or so is likely going to be too gamey without some expert work. For a good eater you want to get under the 250 range.

Batman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. swingline

Fuck, eat them feral piglets. Tender and tasty.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shoot the sow first, the piglets will come back looking for her after the rest run off.

10. Twirling Time

If you shoot at a boar, 3 things:

1. You better not miss. 2. You need a big ass round to knock the sucker down, probably .50 cal or bigger. 3. You better not miss.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. swingline

Old Yeller will save you!

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shot placement is the key. I’ve taken them with everything from a 9mm to a .44 to a .243 to a .270. The .223 is probably the most common hog round.

Draft saved Draft deleted