1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That’s how to pull out a game. One more.

UNCGrad likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Auburn fans will show up in droves.

3. dixiehack

Since being implicated in a possible points shaving incident, Temple is now 4-0 and on to the American semis as an 11 seed. Somebody should have accused them of fixing the season opener!

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Owl be the judge of that …

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that was crazy! A Valvano-esque comeback in regulation and Burns was a bull running amok in the china shop in OT.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Are they even aware that basketball is still being played?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Virginia has been remarkably lucky. Beat Clemson and FSU despite committing egregious fouls on 3-point shooters in the final seconds. Beat Wake Forest while going 1/11 from the foul line. Beat BC while going 6/14 from the foul line.
    Tonight, they did it all. Missed free throws, fouled a 3-point shooter and finally paid for it. Eventually, these things catch up with you.
    We'll see if the various sins are enough to knock them out of the tournament.
    Carolina will win by 20 or more tomorrow. Same margin by which it would have beaten the Cavaliers.

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Glad I stayed up for N.C. State.

I don't want UNC to lose, and certainly don't want to lose to State. But, if the Pack wins five in five days to make the tourney, I'll tip my cap to every State fan. Should be wild tonight.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I do think UVA is in real trouble now. Though I don't think New Mexico should be in over the Hoos, that might be exactly what happens. A&M and Clanga winning yesterday while UVA lost to a so-so NC State team was disastrous.

10. dixiehack

Damnit I already feel like shit after Bama wet the bed last night and now you’re going to make me do this?

Auburn has a home sellout streak dating back to January 2020 (excluding Covid restrictions) and their fans have started making up a noticeable portion of away crowds with tickets back home so expensive. No they won’t fill every seat on such short notice, but they will have the biggest contingent by far and be making a ton of noise. Campus may be a little far away but it’s an easy trip up I-65 for alums in Huntsville and Birmingham.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Especially if Oregon steals a bid by winning the Pac-12 tonight.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. The bubble teams out there are rooting hard for UNC and Colorado today. And FAU. The only way the American becomes a two-bid league is if someone takes out the Owls.

Draft saved Draft deleted