1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Relax; no one gives a hoot.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I went to the basketball thread and found myself at a Rays game.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What this thread needed was more cowbell.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In that event, I refer the Right Honourable Gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago re: Rice.

Cosmo likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I get it now. This is the same role that VCU is filling in the A-10. The rare case of the one-bid league that becomes a two-bid league when the undeniable top dog becomes an at-large entrant.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Take your fucking like and get out of here.

FileNotFound and TigerVols like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is the 28th season of Big 12 basketball. It's only the fifth in which Kansas has not won either the regular season or tournament title.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I dunno. Teams being investigated for a potential point shaving scandal playing for a spot in the NCAA Tournament against an opponent with the same nickname are 118-4 all-time straight up.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

St Joseph’s managed to screw itself. Down 3 with 33 seconds left and they only had one foul. So now the Hawks keep having to hack away as more time melts off the clock.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Screwed itself by NOT committing previous violations.

Another reason why the team fouled should get choice of possession and a full clock or shots.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I know that NIL salaries are as opaque as a brick wall but maybe someone can offer some informed guesses.

I watched a podcast about Indiana basketball and Kent Sterling said every scholarship player at IU is making six figures. If that is true that means that virtually every other school in the Big 10 is paying something close to IU for their scholarship players. Does this sound plausible?

IU won six in a row before tanking against Nebraska. One reason was that Kel'el Ware cam on strong at the end of the season. He is seven footer who was the unanimous second team Big 10 center behind Tyrus Eddy. In mock drafts he is projected as a late first or second rounder. The NBA minimum salary is a million dollars and change. Are star players in major conferences making seven figures?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

upload_2024-3-16_15-8-20.jpeg

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted