1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There was a study of that done less than a year ago and the numbers were nowhere near that high.

Just going by the averages, the top 9 players on a Power 5/Big East roster made $15k apiece. Top 3 on a roster averaged $75k.

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but I'd be more than happy for the UNC booster class to offer R.J. Davis whatever black check he wants to use his Covid year. It should be more than what he could get in any professional league next year.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

CLANGA!

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fucking Nebraska has gakked up a 15-point lead to Illinois by apparently forgetting that you need to guard dudes and not throw stupid passes. Fuckers.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Might be 119 soon. Holy shit Temple.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Funny part about this is that VCU had to inbound the ball like six or seven straight times, which isn't easy. That's the sort of shit you practice for no reason until there's a reason for it.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sorry, not sorry, sports betting. Took Nebraska ML pregame and felt great about it, until I didn't. Then I rage bet Illinois -10.5 and it somehow hit. Oof.

8. dixiehack

5-0 and getting a rematch against the team they’re alleged to have gifted their last loss. Either a 20-loss season or March Madness. No in-between.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is gonna be something if they make it and we learn months from now that they were on the take.

10. dixiehack

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Awesome stat, Dixie.

12. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Indiana has a shit ton of NIL money ... part of why their under-performance is so disappointing. They anticipate spending well into seven figures in the transfer portal that opens on Monday. (They're going to need to too as they have no one coming in their high school class.)

It's not an across-the-board thing though. Indiana is widely considered to have a lot more than their Big Ten rivals in basketball NIL, but as you said, it's not exactly advertised by anyone.

Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State have a similar advantage in football NIL.

Draft saved Draft deleted