1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

upload_2024-3-19_2-15-16.jpeg

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is there a reason bond companies don’t take real estate as collateral? Difficulty in liquidating it?

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Sureties will absolutely take real estate as collateral, but it takes time to do the due diligence - a couple of months is typical - on the property's value, whether it has a clean title, free of liens or mortgages, etc. With commercial properties they're also looking at cash flow from the property in addition to debts and what the market is.

It is sadly common for bail jumpers to cost grandma her house because she posted it as collateral.

Given that Trump's real estate holdings are almost entirely through the Trump Organization, the generally weak market for office space, the difficulty of selling golf courses, etc., my guess is that there are companies willing to work with him, but there's no way all the i's can be dotted and t's crossed in time because they were dipshits and didn't start the process well before the verdict.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Florida man accused of lying about wealth says ruling untrue while he can’t find money for bond.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sundown Donnie can’t get to memory care fast enough.

https://www.al.com/politics/2024/03...sleys-record-crowd-at-alabama-state-fair.html

matt_garth likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But he'a worth billions!

upload_2024-3-19_6-12-27.png

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Something, something, magic of the marketplace. Sheesh.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Figured Don would have squirreled away a few of those "ultra-valuable" Trump coins or NFTs when he needed some quick cash.

The "bloodbath" remark seems to have at least broken through the "clutter" of what Trump typically rants. I hear righties defending the remark - I've never heard a Trumper ever feel they have to defend anything he says before.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I am no fan of Trump. But the judgement against him was over the top. He was sued for overstating the value of assets as collateral for the loans. As far as I know none of the lenders were repaid or are being repaid. Normally these suits are brought by lenders who got stiffed.

I am mot going to argue that it is OK to inflate the value of collateral on a loan application but the punishment is wildly excessive.

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted