1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Jimmy Buffett

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One month’s notice on the date is odd. And those tickets are going to be higher than Jimmy’s Coral Reefer gummies will get you.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that the other day and thought holy freaking cow. But I can't take off and drop by Hollywood on a Thursday night.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lifted from Facebook:

upload_2024-3-18_19-19-28.png

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

5. Driftwood

I saw that the other day. It does say that it really doesn't have anything to do with Buffett's death. It's more of a lease thing.
    I've been to this one. I've been to a bunch of them. Honestly, the food isn't that great. The one in Key West was really good 25 years ago, but now, most of the time if you go to one, it's so crowded, your food is cold by the time it comes out. They are great places to sit and have a beer, though.
    A friend spent last week in one of the campgrounds and had a good time. He paid $60 a night. He looked at going back in a couple of months, but summer rates are $150 a night.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah I imagine that's a pretty pricey bit of real estate on the Strip. Never been to one, we wanted to go to the one in Myrtle Beach years ago but the lineup was crazy.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understand the Hollywood Bowl for logistics purposes - and a concert like this had better be outdoors and not in a stadium - but 17k seems pretty small - and YOU KNOW its going to be half VIPs and corporate types. Hope it will be aired or taped for later broadcast.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I ate at the one on the strip in January. The food was meh - Applebee's or TGIF quality. The whole thing made me melancholy, thinking about not seeing any more Buffett concerts. The Landsharks were cold and the pina colada was strong though.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will be streamed on Radio Margaritaville and Jimmy's YouTube page, as most of his concerts were.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe. Getting the rights clearance for that lineup may be difficult.

11. Driftwood

I have to been in Nashville on Sunday and Monday. Not sure if I'm going to fight the crowd or not. I'll have to eat lunch somewhere in that vicinity on Monday, but I won't be able to drink a beer, so I might not bother.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We ate at the one connected to Resorts in Atlantic City, which also has a Landshark bar on the beach that I believe is open year-round. $88 for two people to have a cold dinner.

Draft saved Draft deleted